Show Me The Money
Will you make more money in 2017 than you did in 2016? Will you get that raise or year end bonus that you have been expecting? Are you getting paid what you are worth? It is important to ask yourself these questions and if the answer is no to these questions, then you need to take a hard look at your situation and make a change or put some action items into place, so you can see the money.
Top Ten Things you can do in 2017 to get paid more money:
- Tell yourself you should be paid more.
- Get an idea of how much more you want to be paid.
- Put together a simple plan that outlines what your strategy is to get paid more money at your current job. Create timelines, deliverables and deadlines in your plan.
- Up-date your on-line profiles and up-date your resume in ways that showcase your value.
- Get an up-dated profile picture on your LinkedIn profile.
6. Talk to your boss about your desire for more money.
7. Test the job market to see if other opportunities exist that can pay you more money.
8. Become active on LinkedIn and build your network of contacts
9. Publish an article or posts in various publications and on-line outlets.
10. Work Hard, Smart and with the eye on the prize of more money.